Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TIRED

I want to run away

Escape this world

I’m tired!

I try to live

To fit in

Pretend

I imitate

Feed off people

Give them what they want

I don’t even know what I want

Nothing is permanent in my world

A smile

A hug

A kind gesture

Gone!

There is nothing tangible

Only quick fixes to lifelong problems

Who am I?

Why am I here?

Who cares that I’m here?

My family.

But when I’m gone

They will live on

It will be a short grievance

With memories to hold

Selfish?

Maybe

But we all are

Making decisions based on

What is best for “me”

We do it everyday

So if I choose death

Is that not any different?

Getting coffee, going to work

Choices!

We are all entitled to them

And so I go?

Weak and ignorant

Backing down

defeated

Where will I end up?

In a peaceful state?

A euphoric plateau?

Soaring above anguish, despair

Laughing at them all

Who choose to stay

Grinding there hearts into dust

There minds of clay

Ever being molded to fit society

Never knowing why

Just trying to keep up with all the others

Who are trying to keep up with whom?

The vicious circle

Gnawing at the rounded walls to

Escape where?

Where exactly?

Feeling lost

Alone

And tired


Tired of being.

And trying to figure out why to be...

No comments: