Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I will know...

All though we’ve never met
I’ve always thought of you
and with that said…

I know you more than myself.
I’ve replayed the sound of your voice
many times
I know it sounds absurd,
but it’s soothes my mind.

And you don’t realize this yet
but our hands fit just right
& we don’t have to say a word
when we kiss goodnight.

Then there’s that grin
it matches your smiling eyes.
And well, I smile right back at you
and cry…

Because you know, love does that to you.
It tears at your heart strings
and you wouldn’t trade that feeling
for anything.

So I’ll wait forever;
for that day when we meet.
Perhaps in a café or on a busy street.

In a book store reading poetry
by Robert Frost and you thumbing through
travel books looking somewhat lost.

I will know!
I will know that finally
those eyes I’ve only dreamed about
will gaze into mine
and it’s time…

Time to let go.
I don’t have to miss you anymore
because now I have you.
And well, that’s what my forever is for…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love You Candy