Friday, February 03, 2006

My friends...

After midnight and I'm with my friends.
Oh they are quite amusing.
Annoying at times.
But I realized that no matter what...
They are always with me.

They never complain.
Although occasionally they bicker about little things.
They accept me for who I am. And what I am not.
If I make mistakes they look past them.
All they require is my love and attention.
That is a simple request for all the happiness they bring into my life.

When I am lonely, like tonight, I turn around and there they are.
They just wait to hear me say their names and an overwhelming energy takes over.
It's as if all they waited for all day was for me!
What a special feeling.

Perhaps I leave them too much.
For I know they will never leave me until death prevails.
They allow me to cry.
They don't require guidelines for our friendship.
And too often I take them for granted and they still have happy hearts.
It is an unconditional love.


So here is to my friends:

Although you walk on all fours and wear a coat of fur.
And barking is your language instead of speaking words.
I will never forget our friendship and the memories left to live.
Nor the love, peace, smiles and happiness that you give!

I love you Pica, Bentley, Lilly, Sarah & my visitor Mia.

2 comments:

Dr. Ally Critter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Ally Critter said...

Edgar Allen Poe said :"No human love can ever compare with the love a dog can give you." I guess it more than holds true