Tuesday, September 06, 2005

AGING...ack!

Hmmm. What to type. I could do the typical gabbing (complaining) how I have issues with growing old, that i'm convinced that the word gravity falls under one of the satanic terms. My only hope is to walk on my hands defending my womanly figure. That life is a comedian reminding us of what we DON'T have control over. My luck having to work at a University where every day i see what i use to be. A youthful, firm girl with no clue of what is ahead of me. Not knowing that her body is due for a change for the worse. That not only do you lose elasticity but your hair requires a multitude of "body building" products to give that "LOOK" of fullness. You gradually lose sight of your feet and your mirror grows shorter. It's just long enough to see yourself from the shoulders up ignoring what's happening from the chest down.

Which on a side note, would explain why so many overweight people walk out of the house wearing spandex thinking that it's tucking and hiding the flab. That they are convinced big is beautiful and need to share it with the world. When instead, they are painfully BLINDING the public leaving so many asking "why" "what were you thinking?" And um, "thanks for sharing????"...NOT! Welcome to the land of the free. Free to be an idiot! Sorry, had to have a vent moment. I think there should be a law for all clothing stores NOT to sell undersized (if that is a word) clothing to oversized people.

Yes it sucks being out of shape, losing your hair...but hope is that your eyesight will grow weak and you won't have to see any of it. HA!!! AND, if you can get to that "over 70" mark then you can blame everything on age. Laughing back at life!

In all seriousness; I love me overall. I have things to work on but i'm not stressing over it. Am i happy that i'm aging; yes and no --physically no but mentally yes. Age brings experiences, memories, wisdom something that "youth and firmness" will not bring.

So get that full length mirror back and smile at yourself, check your closet for all spandex items and dispose of properly and for God's sake laugh with life and at yourself. Because Dang it! somethings you can't change!

Now if I can just practice what i preach Image

No comments: